Languages - Indonesian
Children from Prep - 6 participate in weekly Languages lessons of 60 minutes taught by our specialised and fully qualified Indonesian teacher, Bernice Johnston. Children are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities learning the basic skills to read, write, respond to and speak in Indonesian.
It is important for children to have the ability to use a language other than English and move between cultures in the modern world, living in Australia’s multicultural society.
Why learn a second language?
Learning a second language:
• can be useful in future travel and career opportunities.
• opens children’s eyes to the world and encourage respect and appreciation for different cultures.
• can help children improve their literacy skills in English.
• helps children better understand the structure of language.
• can be fun, challenging and rewarding.
• encourages brain development.
This is a lovely little Indonesian song that is preformed by our Grade 1/2's.
The song means:
Here I'm happy
There I'm happy
Everywhere my heart is happy.