The Coldstream Education Precinct is a collaboration between our school, Coldstream Kinder, The Maternal Health Care Centre, Coldstream Playgroup and potentially the Over 55s group.
It aims to:
- foster academic excellence in this educational precinct,
- support families and child development,
- develop community links and
- promote living in Coldstream to the wider community.
The Neighbourhood Development is largely a community links group that looks at the groups that exist in the area and seeks ways whereby collaboration can serve the needs of all to create a more vibrant Coldstream Community. Ways that we are looking to consolidate relationships are as follows:
- Running community forums.
- Re-establishing connections with CFA by having them as a critical friend at the CPS Safety drills and having them as active participants at the Coldstream Festival.
- Gaining a Shire grant to run a Harmony Day that was opened up to pre-schoolers and to the Coldstream Community. And was hugely successful in acknowledging diversity and acceptance in our community.
- Running community activities like Trivia Nights and the Community Carols to increase engagement with the local community.
- Engaging with sporting clubs to create combined learning opportunities.
- Engaging a wide range of community groups – especially local groups and businesses to become involved in the Coldstream Festival.
- Marketing of Coldstream and an active and educational hub.
- Establishing links with the over 45/55s group.
- Opening up the school to possible community group use.